IPTVX Review: The best IPTV player for Apple devices in 2022
- 7 x 24 Hours
- If a 24-hour free trial is not enough, please order this 7Days Package at a small amount of USD5 to try more days.
- This 7Days Trial Package does not support refunds.
- USD5 Coupon was available for 6 months & 12 months when the 7Days package ended.
What is IPTVX
Watch your IPTV playlists, TV Live, Movies, and TV Shows in Netflix’s style. IPTVX keeps track of what you’re watching, and your favorite channels and analyses your playlist showing you all the new movies, shows, episodes, and TV channels.
This article is about an app that I love on the Apple TV, IPTVX, I’ve talked about IPTVX before but it’s changed a lot since then, I feel like it’s the right time for me to show you IPTVX again.
IPTVX now auto-fills the EPG URL for you, this is a clever feature.
IPTVX added a nice little touch by giving you an avatar for your playlist, it reminds me of Netflix.
Playlist parsing really doesn’t take that long, comparing this to iPlayTV is night and day. I’m pretty sure the EPG is loaded in the background, but that’s an excellent time-saver if you ask me, once you’re in you’re going to be greeted with your video-on-demand content.
IPTVX looks and feels like a Netflix-style layout. It hasn’t really changed much from when I last reviewed it, but it still looks just as good.
This could be the best-looking IPTV app out there on any platform, but of course, this is subjective.
You can still switch back to the vertical style layout.
There is one thing that’s annoying about IPTVX if you have a large number of categories that you don’t want to see and you want to hide them, it takes forever to go through them and disable them.
Luckily you only have to do this once but it’ll be helpful if you can quickly do this in the settings.
One of the great new features of the new grid-style layout is that if you hover over one of the channels that you’re interested in for long enough, it will give you a live preview.
Now this feature that was added makes me really fall in love with this app the cover art for the content of the TV channel is showing on the card it looks amazing, and I love it!
Not much has changed with the video player and to be honest that’s a good thing it’s pretty fine the way it is, but one thing that has been fixed is the overly large subtitles, the new grid-style layout for the TV Guide looks great, but in practice doesn’t work very well with the Apple TV remote.
I quickly found myself lost in the TV guide whilst scrolling, it would be much improved if you can snap the grid to the hour, so that way you wouldn’t go all over the place whilst your scroll through the guide.
Siri integration isn’t fully implemented. I’d expect to say ‘pause’ to Siri and it would pause on live TV or ‘rewind’ and it goes back but that doesn’t happen, but it does work on video on demand hopefully in the future, Siri functionality will be expanded.
You can use your voice to search for channels or video and demand content but at the moment you cannot search the TV Guide.
Features of IPTVX
- Watch your digital content, TV Live, Movies, and TV Shows with style!
- All your data is synchronized on your Apple iCloud to make it available on all your devices and only accessible to you;
- Added recently section;
- Continue watching section;
- Favorites section;
- TV Series with an amazing dedicated page; a “Next episode” button when the episode approach to the end and much more;
- Choose between our “Live screen”‘s horizontal or vertical navigation style to explore categories, channels, previews, and EPG info, all on the same screen;
- TV Guide tab (EPG Grid);
- Airplay 2 casts;
- Search Movie, TV Series, and Live channels;
- Auto EPG: if your server contains an Electronic Program Guide (EPG) file, IPTVX will automatically find it for you;
- Possibility to insert an arbitrary EPG URL (supports GZIP);
- Settings page;
- Parental control;
- Hide channels and categories;
- Multiple playlists support;
- Subtitles selection from those internal to the video and, when available, grabbed from OpenSubtitles.org;
- Audio tracks selection;
- Detailed info for Movies, TV Series, episodes, and Live channels;
- On player channels list when viewing lives;
- TV Live zapping;
- Special contents;
- and much more!
Free or ￡8.99 on the App store
Support the most used Apple devices, such as iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV, and the latest Mac with M1 chip.
Family 4K IPTV. IPTVX has no control over the content of your playlists. If you do not see this content, it has been removed from your playlist. You will need a 4K IPTV subscription to have full content programs available for you to watch, please contact your provider.
New design for playlists manager
IPTVX Reviews from Apple Store
- Before I had found IPTVX I tried lots of other players from Broadcasting Hut to newer ones. But no one had the interface and the look and feel as IPTVX. This is another reason why I’ve subscribed for a full plan. Highly recommended. Please make a difference between your player and your IPTV source. Sometimes these are not good and you may think is the player.
- After figuring out that I had a problem in my settings for in-app purchases on my AppleTV I found this app to be the absolute best IPTV app. The developer was very helpful and responds right away. It is worth a try if anyone is looking for an app for their IPTV.
- This is by far the best IPTV app out there. It is well worth the subscription and now family sharing means my kids can use it to. It is a very well written app and clearly is worth the money. Thank you!
- I downloaded IPTVX on my iPhone 12, iPad Pro, and AppleTVs, and IPTVX works flawlessly across all of my devices. The app loads quickly, updates with my settings, and videos stream perfectly.